The University of Waterloo, located in Ontario, Canada, is a renowned institution known for its academic excellence, innovation, and a commitment to providing a cutting-edge educational experience.
The University of Waterloo stands at the forefront of higher education, recognized for its rigorous academic programs and forward-thinking approach. With a rich history of innovation and a strong focus on research and experiential learning, it has earned a reputation as a leading global institution.
Waterloo is often referred to as Canada’s “Silicon Valley.” The university has strong ties to the tech industry and is a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. It fosters a culture of creativity, problem-solving, and cutting-edge research, making it an ideal place for students to engage in transformative academic experiences.
- Host University: University of Waterloo;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 2,500$ – 10,000$;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: March 15, July 15, November 15;
David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards are now available for International, National, Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Students in all fields at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
The David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards represent a prestigious scholarship opportunity offered by the University of Waterloo. These awards are designed to empower students to pursue international experiences that go beyond traditional classroom learning.
The David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards aim to provide financial support to University of Waterloo students who are eager to broaden their horizons through international experiences. Whether it’s studying abroad, participating in international co-op programs, or engaging in global research projects, these awards make it possible for students to embrace the world as their classroom.
Recipients of these awards receive financial assistance, which varies depending on the specific program and expenses involved in the international experience. The financial support is intended to help ease the financial burden that often comes with studying or working abroad.
You have the opportunity to receive financial support that ranges from $2,500 to $10,000 to enrich your educational journey through various experiences:
- Academic Adventures: If you’re planning for a one-term study abroad, you can receive up to $2,500 to help cover the costs and make your international study experience more accessible.
- Professional Pursuits: For those seeking hands-on work or volunteer experiences lasting a single term, there’s a financial boost of $2,500 to $5,000 to support your career development and expand your horizons.
- Extended Engagement: If you’re embarking on a more extended two-term work or volunteer experience, you can secure up to $10,000, providing you with substantial financial backing to make the most of your global engagement.
The specific eligibility criteria for the David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards may vary, and it’s essential for prospective applicants to review the detailed requirements provided by the University of Waterloo. Typically, applicants are University of Waterloo students who are interested in pursuing international experiences as part of their education.
The application process for these awards typically involves submitting an application to the University of Waterloo, including details about the proposed international experience and the associated costs. The selection process is highly competitive, and successful applicants are chosen based on various factors, including their academic achievements and their demonstrated commitment to making the most of their international experience.
These awards not only provide financial support but also symbolize the University of Waterloo’s dedication to fostering global awareness and providing students with opportunities to grow and thrive on an international stage. They honor David Johnston’s commitment to education and the Lebovic Foundation’s contribution to empowering students to explore the world and gain a broader perspective.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://uwaterloo.ca/student-awards-financial-aid/awards/david-johnston-lebovic-foundation-international-experience