Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
- Citizens of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries (excluding Singapore) or permanent residents of Singapore
- Students with 12 years of study qualifications or equal
- Students that are applying for the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) full-time undergraduate course program
What is the criteria of selection?
- Outstanding academic results and achievements
- Extracurricular activities records
- Leadership skills and potential
What degrees are offered in this scholarship?
- The scholarship is offered for the full-time undergraduate course programs that are offered at the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- The field of studies offered are Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD), Design and Artificial Intelligence (DAI), Computer Science and Design (CSD), Engineering System and Design (ESD), and Engineering Product Development (EPD)
What are the scholarship benefits?
- Tuition fees (after the reduction from the Ministry of Education tuition grant)
- Annual living allowance
- Annual accommodation allowance
- Computer allowance
How long is the duration of scholarship?
- The scholarship will be given for the full duration of the undergraduate course program or approximately 8 terms (4 years)
- The scholarship awardees might stop receiving the scholarship benefits if their CGPA is under 3.5 out of 5.0 or if they are showing unsatisfactory progress
- The scholarship might be terminated if the scholarship awardees violated the terms and conditions of the scholarship
How to apply?
Apply for the eligible full-time undergraduate course at The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) by submitting an online application form that includes the scholarship application before the deadline of admission.
How does the process of selection go?
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an online or in-person interview approximately before the end of April
- The result of the selection will be notified by email to the applicants around the middle of May
- Selected applicants will receive an offer letter. Applicants that did not accept the offer before the deadline will not receive the scholarship benefits
When is the deadline for application?
- The deadline for students that apply using Singaporean qualifications including Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, or International Baccalaureate Diploma (Singapore) is on 19 March 2023
- The deadline for students that are applying using other qualifications is on 9 March 2023
- Scholarship awardees must receive the Ministry of Education (MOE) tuition grant. This means that the awardees are required to work in Singapore for at least three years after graduating
- Scholarship awardees must finish at least 20 hours of service to the University by being student ambassadors or other related activities
- Scholarship awardees are not allowed to join overseas exchange programs for more than two terms during the course
- Scholarship awardees must not receive other scholarships, financial aid, or university loans during the period of this scholarship without the approval of the University